Ohio Ready To Learn
Ohio Ready To Learn Workshop Information:
Phase One: CKC Social and Emotional Development Field Guide: Overview
This workshop looks at the newest of Ohio’s Core Knowledge Early Childhood documents, Guiding Young Children’s Behavior by Supporting Social and Emotional Development, Field Guide. Participants will be introduced to the Field Guide’s content, discuss ways to support the social and emotional development of young children, and be able to identify appropriate community resources.
Phase Two: Review of the ASQ:SE (Ages and Stages Questionnaires: Social-Emotional)
This workshop is an updated version of one presented in 2007. It describes the features of the ASQ:SE and the benefits of developmental screening. Participants will practice scoring the ASQ:SE, review the value of sensitive communication of the screening results and the process for referring children, as well as making suggestions for appropriate follow-up activities
Phase Three: Climbing the Competency Ladder in Health and Nutrition
Early childhood professionals have a key opportunity and responsibility to work with families to provide environments and experiences that lead children toward lifelong health and well-being. This workshop examines Ohio’s Core Competencies in Health and Nutrition, and provides practical strategies to raise the level of competency among participants.
Schedule of Workshops:
No workshops scheduled at this time.
Registration must go through the Ohio Professional Development Network. After you have established your OPDN.org account you can go to “PDTrack trainings” tab and find the training by date. If for some reason you cannot attend or signed up by mistake, please go back to the training detail page and cancel. If you have not registered on the Ohio Professional Development Network, please read below for step by step instructions.
How to Register & Create Your OPDN Profile for the first time
- Go to www.OPDN.org
- Click “Sign up for OPDN” (green box on the right side of page)
- Enter your date of birth and the last 5 digits of your Social Security Number, click “Next”
- Enter contact information, click “Next” (some fields are required)
- For employment type, if you work at a:
- “A. Center / Type A Home”: choose “ODJFS licensed Child Care Center Employee” and enter the Program license number. This number can be found at: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/cdc/
- “B. Type B Family Child Care Provider”: choose “Any other type of employment” and enter contact information.
- Click “Next”
- An email will be sent to the email account associated with your profile. This email contains a link to set the password for your profile. If you don’t receive this email within 5-10 minutes, check your spam folder.
- Once your password is set up and you’re logged in, your OPIN number will be displayed in the top left hand corner of your profile screen.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call:
OPDN Help Line: (614) 396-5959, ext. 319 or WOSU Public Media: (614) 292-9678, ext. 40775 and ask for the Ready To Learn Coordinator